Friday, April 11, 2008

Another beautiful day on the coast. Lots of people down on the beach, walking dogs, or just themselves, fishing, clamming. A friend informed me the other day that there is some kind of action group trying to pass laws forbidding us to walk and play on the beaches. Supposedly we damage to many little sand dwellers while having fun. Can you imagine? What really gets to me about this kind of group, is this: what about walking anywhere, such as your lawn, the sidewalk, the forest, etc.? Anytime we step foot anywhere we are damaging another smaller creatures habitat. Do these people garden? Do they dig in their yards at springtime? Do they spray a wasp nest? The list goes on and on. Do these people not think about that? Are they incapable of understanding the broader picture? Just like people who want to save the forests, do they not live in a stick built home? Maybe not, but they are living somewhere in something that was built by basically destroying a resource of some kind. Or people who advocate wearing all natural clothing, or going completely vegan, another long list. Please do not get me wrong, I too believe in saving our planet, in recycling, composting, living as "Green" as possible but I believe in not being extremist, too. I think, therefor I am....

No comments: